The winners in last Friday’s 16th annual Urbanna Christmas Parade are listed below.
The judging results are as follows:
- Judges’ Award (2)—1966 original police car of Wayne Healy; and the float of Bethpage Camp-Resort and Grey’s Point Camp.
- Mayor’s Award—Girl Scout Troop #724.
- Antique Vehicles—first, 1946 Morgan of Mr. and Mrs. Murphy; second, 1954 Pontiac station wagon of Bob Montague.
- Commercial Floats—first, Payne’s Crab House; second, EVB Bank.
- Non-Commercial Floats—first, Urbanna Baptist Daycare; second, Boy Scout Troop #341.
- Walking Units—first, Middlesex Parks and Recreation, Karen Reed; second, the Santa’s elves of Shear Delight.
- Specialty Unit—Widow Sons Masonic Riders Association.
- Equestrian—Little Wonder Horse Farm.
- Best Appearing Fire Truck—Hartfield Volunteer Fire Department.
Parade chair Lois Jean Brooks said appreciation plaques were awarded to the St. Clare Walker Middle School Seahawks Marching Band and the Middlesex High School Chargers Marching Band.