Middlesex school bus routes listed
Middlesex County school bus routes for the 2013-14 school year will be as follows, with possible minor modifications being made during the first few weeks of school:
Bus #1 — Zion Branch Rd. Rt. 615, Town Bridge Rd. Rt. 616, Lord Mott Rd. Rt. 615, Glebe Dr. Rt.1045, Hampstead Rd. Rt. 1046, Roseberry Ln. Rt. 1047, Old Virginia St. Rt. 602 Town Bridge to Urbanna Grocery Store. Waverly Rd. Rt. 1010, Nimcock Rd. Rt. 1016, Garnett Hill Dr. Rt. 1023, Meadow Ln. Rt. 1024.
Bus #2 — General Puller Hwy. Rt. 33 from Philpot Rd. to Grafton Church Rd. Meadows Trailer Park-Grafton Church Rd. Rt. 707, Rt. 33 from Hartfield P.O. to Regent Rd. Rt. 626. Regent Rd. Rt. 623 from Tall Chief Market to Regent Va., Dirt Bridge Rd. Rt. 622, Rt. 3 from Mason Cove Ln. to Rappahannock River Bridge, Locklies Creek Rd. Rt. 621.
Bus #3 — General Puller Hwy. Rt.33, YMCA to Mill Creek Rd. Rt. 628, Bushy Park Rd. Rt. 702, Bush Park, Wake Rd. Rt. 625 from Mill Creek Rd. to Wake P.O., Mill Wharf Rd. Rt. 627
Bus #4 — General Puller Hwy. Rt. 33 from Cooks Corner to Locust Hill 7-Eleven, Burhans Wharf Rd. Rt. 634, Edgewater Rd. Rt. 673, Christchurch Dr. Rt. 638, Christchurch Ln., Crafton Quarters Rd. Rt. 639, Hibble Rd. Rt. 713, Old Courthouse Rd. Rt. 641, Stormont Rd. Rt. 629, Faraway Rd. Rt. 705, Sibley’s Landing Rd. Rt. 644, Burning Tree Rd. Healy’s Rd. Rt. 629, Bunkers Ln. Rt. 668, Philpot Rd. Rt. 620.
Bus #5 — General Puller Hwy. Rt. 33 Woodport Ln. to Deltaville 7-Eleven-Providence Rd. Rt. 633, Paces Neck Rd. Rt.632, Lucys Cove Rd. Rt. 1120, Irma’s Ln. Rt.1103,Fishing Bay Rd. Rt. 1102, Porpoise Cove Ln. Rt.1111, Deagles Rd. Rt. 1104, Berryville Rd. Rt.1108, Kennardstown Rd. Rt. 1105, Chick Cove Dr. Rt.1043, Glen Cove Dr. Rt.1044,Healey Cove Dr. Rt. 1042.
Bus #7 — Urbanna - Rt. 227, Molly’s Way Rt. 1070, Watling St. Rt. T1015, Cross St. 227, Prince George St. T1003, Virginia St. Rt. 227, Rappahannock Ave. Rt. T1001, Colorado Ave. Rt. T1008, Cross St. T1005.
Bus #8 — Accessible bus, Deltaville to Cooks Corner.
Bus #9 — Stingray Point to Fishing Bay Family Practice (Dr. Ransone’s Office) General Puller Hwy. Rt. 33, Timberneck Rd. Rt. 636, Marina Dr. Rt. 659, Perry Ln. Rt. 689, Jackson Creek Rd. Rt. 660, Bucks View Rd. Rt.683, Green Cove Rd. Rt. 1110 Lovers Ln. Rt. 1101, Cross Rip Rd. Rt. 1113, Gillim Rd. Rt. 654.
Bus #10 — Waterview Rd. Rt. 640, from Bakers Corner to Big Johns Store, Tidewater Trail Rt. 17 from Churchview P.O. to Virginia Motor Speedway, Briery Swamp Rd. Rt. 606, Dragon Rd. Rt. 607, Wares Bridge Rd. Rt. 602, Minkfield Rd. Rt. 635, Edgehill Rd. Rt. 612, Farley Park Rd. Rt. 603, Moss Swamp Rd. Rt. 613, Forest Chapel Rd. Rt. 614, Lovers Retreat Ln. Rt. 618.
Bus #11 — Grays Point Rd. Rt. 3 from Syringa Rd. Rt. 624 to Mason Cove Ln., Locust Grove Rd. Rt. 645, Robinson Ln. Rt. 678, Long Point Ln. Rt. 646, Hideaway Point Rd. Rt. 699, Plainview Rd. Rt. 663.
Bus #12 — Piankatank Shores, Stormont Rd. Rt. 629, Coach Point Rd. Rt. 690, Point Anne Dr. Rt. 725, Pipe-N-Tree Dr., Silver Ridge Rd. Rt. 681, No Head Bottom Rd. Rt. 620, Whiting Creek Rd. Rt. 1041, Queens Point Dr. Rt.696, Marsh Pungo Rd. Rt.634.
Bus #14 — Wake Rd. Rt. 626, Carlton Rd. Rt. 626, Barricks Mill Rd. Rt. 625.
Bus #15 — Old Jamaica P.O. to Essex Line – Rt. 17 north and south. Canoe House Rd. Rt. 605, Nesting Rd. Rt. 604, Montague Island Rd. Rt. 648, Bayport Rd. Rt. 604, McKans Rd. Rt. 601, Butylo Rd. Rt. 600, Glebe Landing Rd. Rt. 606, Briery Swamp Rd. Rt. 606
Bus #16 — Gayles Rd. Rt. 609, Old Virginia St. Rt. 602 from Revis to Flats Rd., Flats Rd. Rt. 637, Burch Rd. Rt.656, Remlik Rd. Rt. 676, Cedar Pointe Dr. Rt. 1052, Waterford Dr. Rt. 1055 to Kilmers Point, Warner Rd. Rt. 603.
Bus #17 — Cooks Corner to Saluda, General Puller Hwy. Rt. 33, Courthouse Dr. Rt. 703, Bowden St. Rt. 674,Oakes Landing Rd. Rt. 618, Hewitt St. Rt. 617,Fauntleroy Ave. Rt. 701, Stoneham St. Rt.692, Gloucester Rd. Bus. Rt. 17, Rt. 17 to Dragon Run Bridge, Forrer St. Rt.697, Watson Landing Rt. 617.
Bus #18 — Waterview Rd. Rt. 640 from Water View to Bakers Corner, Old Samos Store, Millstone Landing Rd. Rt. 608, Corbin Hall Dr. Rt. 693, Burchs Mill Rd. Rt. 610 Clay Brook Dr.
Bus #19 — Kates Neck Rd. Rt. 657, Syringa Rd. Rt. 624, Regent Rd. Regent Rd. Rt. 624, Regent Rd. Rt. 626, Regent Rd from Tall Chief market to Sweet Water Pump, Bobs Hole Rd. Rt. 625. Rt. 33 west from Greys Point Rd. to Silver Ridge Rd.
Bus #21 — Old Virginia St. Rt. 602 from Town Bridge Rd. Rt. 615 to Flats Rd. Rt.637, Burrells Marina Rd. Rt. 680, Streets Ln. Rt. 691, Old Virginia St. Rt. 602 from Revis to Tidewater Trail Rt. 17, Tidewater Trail Rt. 17 North and South from Old Virginia St. to Food Lion, Braxton Corr Rd. Rt. 615, Seven Springs Ln. Rt. 665, Wood Dr.
Bus #22 — North End Rd. Rt. 631, Wild Goose Dr. Rt. 710, Robins Point Ave. Rt. 712, Jackson Dr. Rt.714,Apache Dr. Rt. 716 Badger Rd. Rt.717, Wolverine Rd. Rt. 718, Creekshore Dr. Rt. 720, Crittenden Rd. Rt. 652,Woods Creek Rd. Rt. 664, Felton Rd. Rt. 672.
Bus #24 — Accessible bus, Laneview to Cooks Corner.
Bus #25 — Hartfield to Piankatank River Bridge-Rt. 33/ Rt. 3, River Run Rt. 1035, Scoggins Creek Trail Rt.1037, Lakeview Dr. Rt.1036, Mariners Woods Dr. Rt. 1080, Sunset Vista Dr. Rt.1082, Stampers Bay Rd. Rt. 630, Blue Heron Dr. Rt. 1060, Wilton Coves Dr. Rt. 1061, Ferry Rd. Rt. 655, Woods Brothers Rd. Rt. 730.
- Always walk to the bus. Never run.
- Walk on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left facing traffic.
- Always go to the bus stop 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- While at the bus stop, wait in a safe place away from the road. Do not run and play while waiting at the bus stop.
- Never speak to strangers at the bus stop and never get into the car with a stranger.
- Always go straight home and tell your parents if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
- Wait for the bus to arrive, watch for red flashing lights and stop sign and crossing arm to be extended, and cross only when all traffic has stopped.
- Look left, right and left again before crossing.
- While on the bus, the child needs to remain seated, forward facing at all times and keep aisle clear.
- The child should not shout while on the bus or distract the driver unnecessarily.
- The child needs to keep head and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Parents should make sure that they remove loose drawstrings or ties on their child’s jacket and sweatshirt because they can snag on bus handrails.
- When boarding or leaving the bus, parents should tell their child to always walk in a single file line and use the handrails to avoid falls.
- The child should look before stepping into the street to make sure there are no cars passing the bus.
- The child should cross the street at least 10 feet (or five giant steps) in front of the bus.
- The child needs to exit from the front of the bus. Never walk behind the bus.
- The child should ask the bus driver for help if an item is dropped while entering or exiting the bus.
- A parent must be visibly present when his child is being dropped off in the afternoon if your child is in kindergarten, Pre-K or 1st grade.
- No littering on the bus or damaging the bus.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- Throwing objects, fighting, obscene language or gestures are forbidden.
- No smoking or drugs shall be allowed on the bus.
- The bus driver is authorized to assign seats.