Edwin W. Wilson
|Edwin W. Wilson|
He was a corporal in the U.S. Army and reserves from 1934 until 1941, served with the Merchant Marines in 1945, worked at Harrow’s Motor Company from 1946-1958, and was owner of Wilson Service Center 1959 until 1999, and retired from the Virginia Marine Resources Commission in 1978.
He was a member of Philippi Christian Church, 32nd Degree Mason, member of Donovan Lodge #75, AF & AM, Urbanna Royal Arch Chapter #59, and the Scottish Rite.
He was preceded in death by a son, William “Billy” Wilson.
He is survived by his wife, Vivian K. Wilson; daughters, Joyce W. Saunders of Richmond, and Mary Ellen Priddy and her husband Mitchell of Deltaville; a daughter-in-law, Elaine M. Wilson of Saluda; grandchildren, Michael Sears and his wife Wanda, Pam Kilgore, Kim Wilson, Teresa Alexander, Glenn “Billy” Wilson, Derick Wilson and his wife Rachel, Keith Sheldon and his wife Mary, Michelle Lewis and her husband Mike, Joshua Dean and his wife Shannon, and Jonathan Priddy and his wife Samantha; 13 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; and a brother, Earl E. Wilson, and his wife Gloria of Salisbury, Md.
The family would like to extend their sincere thanks to Riverside Walter Reed Hospice for its compassion, and all friends and family for their support.
A funeral service was held Saturday in Philippi Christian Church, Deltaville. Interment was in Zoar Baptist Church Cemetery, Deltaville.
Memorial gifts may be made to Philippi Christian Church, P.O. Box 555, or Donovan Lodge #75, P.O. Box 915, both in Deltaville, VA 23043.