Trick-or-Treat set for Oct. 31
Sheriff Bushey said children who go trick-or-treating should:
- Be less than 13 years old and accompanied by an adult.
- Go out only between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Wear clothing that is light colored or has reflective material.
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- Wear masks with eye holes that are large enough so they can see well.
- Have an adult inspect all candy and treats.
- Have respect for others.
- Go only to houses that have an outside light on.
Homeowners who are participating in trick-or-treat should leave on an outside light as a signal to children that they are welcome, and turn off the porch light at 8 p.m., said Bushey.
He also reminds motorists to watch for children and drive cautiously during Halloween.