Middlesex to observe Trick-or-Treat on Halloween, Oct. 31
Halloween and Trick-or-Treat will be observed from 5-8 p.m. on Thursday, October 31, in Middlesex County and the Town of Urbanna.
“Scary Halloween in the Park” also will be held from 6-8 p.m. on October 31 at Deltaville Maritime Museum and Holly Point Nature Park at 287 Jackson Creek Road in Deltaville. All area families are welcome to participate.
Middlesex Sheriff David Bushey said parents and trick-or-treaters should be aware that Oyster Festival vendors will be setting up in Urbanna that evening. He said extra deputies will be on patrol that night in Urbanna.
- Please ensure costumes are fire retardant and that they have reflective markings.
- Consider costumes that do not have masks.
- Carry a flashlight.
- Travel with an adult-led group.
- Please remember to be extra cautious as you drive through the streets of our community on Halloween Night.
- Utilize a battery operated light in your Jack-o-Lantern as opposed to a candle.
- Ensure you utilize electrical decorations that are UL or FM listed.
- Discard any candy that is not properly wrapped.
If you would like additional fire or life safety information or have suggestions for future topics, please contact Mark R. Nugent, Middlesex County, Emergency Services Coordinator, at .