Unattended candle caused fire near Jamaica
Firemen said the blaze appeared to have started in the basement of the home. When the first firemen arrived, there was smoke coming from the eaves of the roof. All doors were shut in an effort to keep the fire from spreading, but flames eventually broke through the windows and doors.
posted 11.19.2008Public input session on Urbanna zoning changes
Proposed updates of the Urbanna Zoning Ordinance would still allow three-story buildings in town, but would not allow certain buildings to be 60 feet tall, as is the current law.
posted 11.19.2008Festival ‘emergency room’ treated 125
While the recent Urbanna Oyster Festival was a success, town administrator Lewis Filling said that there should be ways to help festival visitors who are elderly or partially handicapped.
posted 11.19.2008Continuing a tradition
Marines from Ft. Lee at Petersburg completed the final leg of their 69-mile run on Friday to honor Lt. General Lewis “Chesty” Puller at his grave at Christ Episcopal Church in Middlesex County.