Fire destroys Urbanna home
The home, located on the corner of Howard Street and Rappahannock Avenue, caught fire about 5 a.m. in the area of the furnace and spread throughout the house, said fireman Joe Moschetti of the Middlesex Volunteer Fire Department (MVFD) of Urbanna.
posted 11.26.2008Unattended candle caused fire near Jamaica
Firemen said the blaze appeared to have started in the basement of the home. When the first firemen arrived, there was smoke coming from the eaves of the roof. All doors were shut in an effort to keep the fire from spreading, but flames eventually broke through the windows and doors.
posted 11.19.2008Public input session on Urbanna zoning changes
Proposed updates of the Urbanna Zoning Ordinance would still allow three-story buildings in town, but would not allow certain buildings to be 60 feet tall, as is the current law.
posted 11.19.2008Festival ‘emergency room’ treated 125
While the recent Urbanna Oyster Festival was a success, town administrator Lewis Filling said that there should be ways to help festival visitors who are elderly or partially handicapped.