House fire started by space heater
A single-story home at Wake was heavily damaged by smoke and water following a fire that started in an older model oil space heater on Monday, March 22, said Alan Blake, chief of the Hartfield Volunteer Fire Department (HVFD).
posted 03.31.2010Sheriff Abbott: No charges, no arrests
On Monday, March 29, Middlesex County Sheriff Guy Abbott discredited rumors that have widely circulated in the county since the Virginia State Police executed a search warrant at the Middlesex Sheriff's Office in Saluda on March 15.
posted 03.31.2010Land conservation easements to be discussed
The Dragon Run Steering Committee will host a dinner and a discussion with the experts in the fields of land conservation and land asset management on Wednesday, March 31, at 6:30 p.m. at Old Beale Memorial Church at 202 Church Lane in Tappahannock.
posted 03.30.2010Urbanna to keep current animal ordinance
After months of debate on dog issues, the Urbanna Town Council appears to have dropped the idea of a new animal ordinance. During the March 15 council meeting, town attorney Andy Bury told council the Middlesex County Animal Control Officer can enforce the county animal code in town, but not a town ordinance.