Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

‘Taters’ to perform at Groovin’ concert

Taters

by Bill Powell
Events Director
Deltaville Maritime Museum

Everyone keeps asking me when the four-part harmonies and “dance-your-shoes-off music” of the fabulous “Taters” is coming back to the Waterfront Park at the Deltaville Maritime Museum & Holly Point Nature Park. Well, here they come! The Taters will headline the July 22 Groovin’ in the Park concert on the maritime park’s Waterfront Stage from 6-8 p.m. Gloucester-based folk artist Paige Melton will open the concert from 5-6 p.m. Gates open at 4 p.m. for picnicking and spot saving.

The 2017 Groovin’ in the Park season is proudly sponsored by EVB bank.

What’s up with the Taters?  

Paraphrasing directly from one of their websites, I don’t think I can say it better: “The Taters present an eclectic mix of roots-rock, power-pop, country, and Americana, a sound that’s been described as “country roots-pop with the genius songwriting of 60s & 70s power-pop . . . a curious mix of Mavericks, Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison and Beatles” (CDBaby).

Members of the Taters are Craig Evans, vocals, bass, keyboards; Brad Tucker, vocals, guitars, bass; Greg Marrs, vocals, guitars, mandolin; Chris Mendez, vocals, drums, things drum-ish; and Mike Gribik, live sound and all-round support.

Read the rest of this story in this week’s Southside Sentinel at newsstands throughout the county, or sign up here to receive a print and/or electronic pdf subscription.

posted 07.12.2017

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.