Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News | PDF Access

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

Portrait painter brings talents to Urbanna

Andrea Pinter

by Larry Chowning

Andrea Pinter of Urbanna delights in doing portraits. Born in Budapest, Hungary, in 1973, Pinter lives on Colorado Avenue with her husband and their two sons.

“I’ve been drawing since I know myself,” said Pinter with a bit of an accent. “I’ve always been drawing. I always loved to paint persons and I love color.

“My mother was a painter and my family included sculptors and carpenters,” she said. “We were all very much into culture and the arts. For me, portrait painting is my main focus, but I did lots of design work on clothing, bags, hats and accessories.”

When Pinter was in Budapest she worked as a designer for professional and well-known fashion designer Valeria Fazekas. “I worked under her direction for five years,” she said.

When she moved to Urbanna in 2004, she brought her talents with her and for a while designed hats and ran Haywood’s Store. “I enjoy putting life and color into my portraits, and there is nothing I enjoy more,” she said.

She charges $400 for a 24-by-30-inch portrait. For more information on Pinter’s portraits, contact her at 758-8006 or visit her website at http://onlyandi.blogspot.com/

posted 03.06.2013

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.