Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News | PDF Access

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

Parks nominated for best humorous mystery novel

Middlesex County author Brad Parks has once again been nominated for the Lefty Award, given to the best humorous mystery novel published during the preceding year. If his nomination leads to victory, he will join a very distinguished list.

Parks (facebook), who won the honor last year, could join Janet Evanovich and Donna Andrews as the only writers to capture multiple Leftys. The winner will be determined in March by a vote of attendees at the Left Coast Crime Conference in Monterey, Cal., where Parks will also be serving as toastmaster.

“I love getting a note from a reader that says they laughed out loud while reading my books,” said Parks. “I really believe laughter is the best medicine and I’m happy to dispense as much of it as I can.”

Other nominees include Andrews, Timothy Hallinan, Lisa Lutz and Cindy Sample. Parks was nominated for his 2013 work “The Good Cop,” which features quick-witted investigative reporter Carter Ross. The next book in the series, “The Player,” releases March 4 and has been called “compulsively readable” by Booklist. 

In addition to the Lefty Award, Parks also has won the Shamus Award from the Private Eye Writers of America and the Nero Award from the Nero Wolfe Society. He is the only author in history to have won all three honors.

posted 01.29.2014

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.