Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

One-man show of ‘Christmas Carol’ due Sunday at gallery

John Hardy will present Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” this Sunday, December 10, at 2 p.m. at Arts on Main in Gloucester Court House.

In the performance, Hardy will play over 40 roles in the Dickens’ classic. Hardy is nationally known for his one-man play “Rattlesnake.”

“It is a loyal adaptation of the book”, says Hardy of his one-man play. “A Christmas Carol is one of the best known stories in the world and I wanted to retain, as much as possible, the essence of the book in its original form.”  

The play follows the book, scene by scene. “Even though it is the same story as the book, the experience of actually watching an actor move through the events of a play is vastly different than simply hearing the story or reading the book. I get entirely caught up in the story as I am doing the play, and the audience goes right along with me,” said Hardy.

Show tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door, and children’s tickets are $10.

Doors open at 12:45 p.m. for those also purchasing and eating brunch at the art gallery. 

posted 12.06.2017

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.