Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News | PDF Access

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

News from the Deltaville Maritime Museum

by Kaptain Krunch

Lee Fisher (right) was crowned Ms. Deltaville in the Womanless Beauty Pageant.  (Photo by Larry S. Chowning)
Well, I’m not the prettiest girl in Deltaville! It’s Lee Fisher, winner of the Womanless Beauty Pageant at the ballpark last Saturday. Attendance was excellent and a good time was had by all.

Thanks Michelle, Paula and Eddie Boy. I’m not saying anything about the judges. I guess it’s true, “It’s hard to be a woman” (I know there’s a song there). Afterward, the contestants convened at a local gin mill and sold dances to further the Deltaville playground fund. Who wouldn’t want to step out with Shania Twain or even Susan Boyle? Maybe we could call this “celebrity girlie-man aid”?

George Rowley has unearthed a 30-year-old brand new 25-hp Evinrude and given it to the museum, so propulsion will not be an issue for our next project, an 18-foot V-bottom deadrise. Thanks pal!

Gordon White is working on a book about Deltaville and Larry Chowning is writing a history for Middlesex County. Any information the mavens gather will be archived and passed along to these authors. If you can’t make an appearance, give a call to express your interest in helping at 815-3102.

posted 09.28.2009

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.