Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

Maritime park announces May/June 2013 schedule

by Bill Powell
Events Director
Maritime Museum

As the two new event pavilions begin to come out of the ground at the Deltaville Maritime Museum and Holly Point Nature Park, the maritime park is firming up its 2013 schedule of events.

This will be an exciting year as new and exciting musical groups come to the Groovin’ in the Park concert series, new music and performing events are added, and the popular Deltaville Farmers’ Market expands and grows more diverse. The 2013 events will take full advantage of the new pavilions, plantings and gardens as they are finished.

The Farmers’ Market continues on May 25 at 9 a.m. with a new layout and more space for the vendors.

Also on May 25, the music of “Gayle McGehee and the Nocturnes,” new to the Groovin’ stage, will “show its stuff” from 6-8 p.m.

Continuing in June, the every fourth Saturday Deltaville Farmers’ Market opens at 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 22.

That evening, with the gates opening at 5 p.m., Robbin Steel Blues Band will take over the Waterfront Stage.

Correction: My apologies to all, in my last article I incorrectly listed our Easter Egg Hunt as happening on Saturday, April 6. Please be aware, the popular Deltaville Maritime Museum Easter Egg Hunt will actually be on Saturday, March 30, at 2 p.m.

All those wishing to help with the pavilion and/or museum construction in any way, or interested in receiving plan sets for the museum project, please call David Moran at the museum office (776-7200).

Read the rest of this story in this week’s Southside Sentinel at newstands throughout the county, or sign up here to receive a print and/or electronic pdf subscription.

posted 02.13.2013

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.