Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News | PDF Access

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

John Berry concerts due in West Point, Mathews

Country/spiritual performer John Berry (above) will perform in West Point on March 22 and in Mathews on March 23.

Arts Alive Inc. is excited to announce their upcoming performance by John Berry on Saturday, March 22. Mention his name to just about any country music lover and the response will likely be, “What an awesome vocalist!” said an Arts Alive spokesperson.

Berry recorded and marketed six albums on his own Clear Sky Records label. His regional popularity and those early discs eventually attracted him attention on Music Row. Capitol Records signed him in 1992 and it was then that he had a string of hits including “I Think About It All The Time,” “Change My Mind,” “Kiss Me In The Car,” “What’s In It For Me,” and the #1 Grammy-nominated single “Your Love Amazes Me.” In 1995 he received the Horizon Award and a nomination for Top Male Vocalist by CMA. But it was his stunning performance of the title track of the 1995 CD “O Holy Night” that led to his most enduring legacy. Using his tenor voice as a spiritual tool, Berry is a moving, inspiring performer that has the power to touch the hearts of both his loyal fans and newest concert-goers.

The show starts at 7 p.m. in the Robinson/Olsson Civic Auditorium in West Point. Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for seniors (65 and over), and $10 for students. Tickets are available by phone at 804-843-3475, email at , or online at http://www.artsaliveinc.org. Tickets are also available at C&F Bank branches in West Point, and at the door on the night of the concert. Group rates are available at $15 each for groups of 10 or more.  More information is available at the Arts Alive website.

Berry also will perform a Concerts by the Bay concert at Mathews High School, 9889 Buckley Hall Road, Mathews, on Sunday, March 23, at 3 p.m. Tickets for this event are $25; students through high school are admitted free. 

Season tickets for the Concerts by the Bay 2014-15 series are now available. Subscriptions to the five-concert lineup start at $65. For more information, or to purchase tickets, call 804-725-9776 or visit the association’s website at http://www.concertsbythebay.org. 

Read the rest of this story in this week’s Southside Sentinel at newstands throughout the county, or sign up here to receive a print and/or electronic pdf subscription.

posted 03.05.2014

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.