Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News | PDF Access

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

Hear ‘Taters’ and David Moran at Saturday’s Groovin’ in the Park

David Moran will perform from 5-5:45 p.m., and will be followed by “The Taters” from 6-8 p.m.

by Bill Powell
Events Director
Maritime Museum

The Taters are headlining the next Groovin’ in the Park coming up Saturday, August 23. David Moran opens at 5 p.m., the Taters take the stage at 6 p.m. and the gates open at 4 p.m. for picnicking.

So, I know I don’t need to tell most of you about the Richmond-based Taters but, paraphrasing directly from one of their websites, I don’t think I can say it better: “The Taters present an eclectic mix of roots-rock, power-pop, country and Americana, a sound that’s been described as ‘Country roots-pop with the genius songwriting of 60s and 70s power-pop . . . a curious mix of Mavericks, Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison and Beatles.” —CDBaby

Advance tickets are available at Nauti Nell’s and the museum office during open hours and, as always, at the door. Tickets are $10 per person. Children under 12 are admitted free.

Groovin in the Park is the museum and park’s casual “bring your own lawn chair, cooler, and picnic” musical event held in the Waterfront Park. Some chairs and tables are available in the Gary Waterfront Pavilion on a first come-first served basis. Extra metal folding chairs are also available if you can’t bring yours.

To find out everything you need to know about the museum and park, purchase event tickets, donate, volunteer, or become a member visit http://www.deltavillemuseum.com, email or call 776-7200. The museum mailing address is P.O. Box 466, Deltaville, VA 23043.

posted 08.20.2014

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.