Gilley’s Antique Vehicles entry wins Grand Marshal’s Award
The winning entries in the 2008 Urbanna Oyster Festival Parade are as follows:
- Marching bands—first, Lancaster High School; second, St. Andrews Pipes & Drum Corps.
- Walking or marching units—first, The Florette’s Majorettes; second, Middlesex Parks and Recreation.
- Antique/restored vehicles (in competition)—first, Cape Henry Model A Club; second, Dave Waddell’s 1940 Ford pickup.
- Floats—first, Garrett’s Marina; second, Virginia Camping Cardinals.
- Specialty units—first, General William C. Lee Chapter 101st Airborne Division; second, Mr. Oyster, Undersea Explorers Club.
- The Grand Marshal’s Award (top award)— Gilley’s Antique Vehicles.
- The Captain’s Award (second highest award)—U.S. Continental Army Band.
- The Mayor’s Award (third highest award)—Bethpage Camp-Resort Choo Choo Train.
To see pictures of the 2008 Urbanna Oyster Festival click here.