Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News | PDF Access

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Webcam · Search

Community News

Text size: Large | Small   

Deltaville Maritime Museum

by Kaptain Krunch

The shameless commerce division takes front and center with the September update on our website. We also have a brokerage board outside Nauti Nell’s and signs on most of the boats at the “field of dreams” and around town. Since it’s now past Labor Day, I figure it’s time for poultry alignment, i.e., ducks in a row.

As careful readers have noted, folks in the know don’t really start their boating season until September—it’s too hot, no wind, bugs, etc. I went out last Monday for a row in my own Wright Skiff and, except for the motor breaking down (me), the cooling Zephyrs and glorious vistas were beyond compare.

A good samaritan saved me, and his 4-year-old granddaughter actually recognized the old Indian from the play (with a little prompting). I just love Deltaville. 

The boys are spiffing up “Virginia” for appearances at Wings and Wheels on September 27 and the Holly Point Art and Seafood Festival on October 11. This miniature skipjack is just too cute and is also a good sailor. Maybe we should build one—for you! A sponsor would excite the boat shop. What fun it would be to have a fleet of skipjacks sailing out of the museum. What’s more fun than a sailboat? Answer, two sailboats.

posted 09.04.2008

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.