Deadline for O-Fest poster contest is August 19
The Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation has announced a contest for the 52nd Urbanna Oyster Festival, November 6-7, which has long been an event of tradition.
One of the many traditions is an annual poster or print. This year, the foundation will have a poster and would like to include everyone in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the project. The poster should represent the Oyster Festival in an artistic as well as a visually pleasing way.
The rules and guidelines for entries are as follows:
- (1) Original art must be created by amateur or professional artist(s) of all ages.
- (2) Content should be representative of the Urbanna area and/or relating to oysters in some way.
- (3) Size of art should be 8”x11” and no larger than 18”x24”.
- (4) Acceptable mediums: photography, oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels or mixed mediums. Colors should be bright or dark enough to reproduce as a print.
- (5) The Oyster Festival Foundation or any member(s) of the Foundation are not responsible for damage of the artwork and will not be held liable for any such damage.
- (6) The winning artwork becomes the sole property of the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation, and cannot be reproduced, or made available for sale except by permission of the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation. The Foundation Poster Committee reserves the right to modify the winning design in accordance with the printing process.
- (7) Deadline for entries is August 19 and the winning entry will be chosen in early September.
All original artwork (no copies or photos please) should be delivered to the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation Office in Urbanna. Entries will be accepted Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Entries should be packaged safely and appropriately because the foundation cannot guarantee against damage. Please attach on the back of each entry, a separate sheet of paper including the artist’s name, mailing address, telephone number and a brief description of the artwork.
All entries should be picked up no later than September 18 at the Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation Office (758-0368). The foundation cannot be responsible for any entries left after September 18.
“We encourage all interested artists to submit their entries and we look forward to working with the great talent within the Commonwealth of Virginia,” said a project spokesperson. “The Urbanna Oyster Festival Foundation will approve the winning entry.”
The prize: for the winning entry is $250.