Hands Across Middlesex and Kiwanis to host gala
by Cathy Newcomb
Hands Across Middlesex and Middlesex Kiwanis are planning a gala for Saturday, March 20, as a fundraiser to support the community and its children.
The gala will begin at 5 p.m. at Bethpage Community Center near Urbanna. Individual tickets are $50; couples, $90; and table for eight, $350.
Activities include food and drink, meet and greet, games, auctions (silent and live) and raffles.
Look at the menu below that is planned!
- Fresh vegetable crudités including broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots, celery sticks, English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and radish flowers served with a sun-dried tomato dip.
- Assorted domestic and imported cheeses, garnished with fruit and served with crackers and breads.
- Fresh fruit to include cantaloupe, honey dew melons, pineapple, kiwi, and strawberries. The dipping sauce will be pina colada.
- Raspberry baked brie wrapped in puff pastry.
- Smoked salmon with garnishes of hard-cooked eggs, Bermuda onions, herb cream cheese, capers and pumpernickel bread.
- Tricolor cheese tortellini tossed with vodka sauce and served with parmesan cheese and garlic bread.
- Chicken satay served with peanut sauce.
- Roma tomato bruschetta with garlic tostinis.
- Hot spinach artichoke and bacon dip served with corn tortillas.
- Mini crab cakes served with remoulade sauce.
- Herb-marinated London broil served with horseradish sauce.
- Dinner rolls.
- Potato casserole.
- A fantastic dessert bar.
- Coffee and tea station and cash bar.
Come join the fun!
For tickets, call Ray at 758-8417 or Betty at 758-2465.