Hands Across Middlesex
by Cathy Newcomb
Hands Across Middlesex and the Kiwanis Club of Middlesex are planning a gala for March 20, 2010 as a fundraiser in support of the community and the children.
The gala will be at Bethpage Community Center just outside of Urbanna at 5 p.m. Individual tickets are $50 and tickets for couples are $90. A table for 8 is available for $350.
Activities include food and drink, meet and greet, games, auctions (silent and live) and raffles.
Look at the menu that is planned!
- Fresh vegetable crudités including broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots, celery sticks, English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and radish flowers served with a sun-dried tomato dip.
- Assorted domestic and imported cheeses, garnished with fruit and served with crackers and breads
- Fresh fruit to include cantaloupe, honeydew melons, pineapple, kiwi and strawberries. The dipping sauce will be pina colada.
- Raspberry baked brie wrapped in puff pastry.
- Smoked salmon with garnishes of hard-cooked eggs, Bermuda onions, herb cream cheese, capers and pumpernickel bread.
- Tricolor cheese tortellini tossed with vodka sauce, served with parmesan cheese and garlic bread.
- Chicken satay served with peanut sauce.
- Roma tomato bruschetta with garlic tostinis.
- Hot spinach artichoke and bacon dip served with corn tortillas.
- Mini crab cakes served with remoulade sauce.
- Herb marinated London broil served with horseradish sauce.
- Dinner rolls, potato casserole and a fantastic dessert bar.
- Coffee and tea station and cash bar.
Come join the fun!
For tickets, call Ray at 758-8417 or Betty at 758-2465.