District youth choir begins concert series
The Rappahannock District Youth Choir (RDYC) is directed and led by Aaron Ward of Hartfield and made up of youth from all over the Rappahannock District.
The purpose of the RDYC is to provide an opportunity for our youth to serve in a way that will help the churches, the community, their district and themselves. During the summer, as they travel the youth do hands-on mission work projects, share in Bible study, get to know each other and meet new folks, as well as perform an excellent choral concert where they share their testimony.
The choir will perform in North Carolina churches on July 2-3. The remainder if its performance schedule is as follows:
- Sunday, July 5, 8:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 7:30 p.m. at Bellamy United Methodist Church, Gloucester Point.
- Monday, July 6, 1:30 p.m at Trinity United Methodist Church in Poquoson, and 7:30 p.m. at Susanna Wesley UMC, Gloucester.
- Tuesday, July 7, 7:30 p.m. at Urbanna United Methodist Church,
- Wednesday, July 8, 1:30 p.m. at Clarksbury United Methodist Church in Deltaville, and 7:30 p.m. at Salem United Methodist Church in Mathews.
- Thursday, July 9, 1:30 p.m. at Bethel Emmanuel UMC, Lively, and 7:30 p.m. at Good Shepherd Lutheran, Callao.
- Friday, July 10, 7:30 p.m. at Colonial Beach Baptist.
- Saturday, July 11, 1:30 p.m. at Old Church United Methodist Church, King and Queen, and 7:30 p.m. at Kilmarnock UMC.
- Sunday, July 12, 11 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., Lower United Methodist Church, Hartfield.