Subscribe | Advertise
Contact Us | About Us
Submit News

Home · News · Videos · Photos · Community · Sports · School · Church · Obituaries · Classifieds · Supplements · Search

Church News



Text sizer: Large | Small   

All Saints Anglican Church gets new (old) parish hall

The saying “things have come full-circle” is true in the case of the building All Saints Anglican Church in Saluda calls its new parish hall. Originally built in 1964 by donations for Centenary Methodist Church as a place for Sunday school and fellowship, the building became the Methodist Regional Office following the merger of Centenary Methodist Church with Urbanna United Methodist Church in 2006.  

The regional office closed in 2011 and the building was purchased by Progress Engineering in 2012. Although All Saints Anglican Church had purchased and renovated the 1884 church building next door for worship in 2009, the congregation was unable to purchase the Sunday school building when the Methodist offices moved out.

All Saints Anglican Church is an eclectic gathering of people from all sorts of backgrounds who have come together with a love of traditional Christian worship and sacraments combined with the application of God’s Word to meet today’s challenges, said Fr. Johnson. Sunday school starts at 10 a.m. and worship and Holy Communion is at 11 a.m. followed by refreshments and fellowship. All are welcome.

Read the rest of this story in this week’s Southside Sentinel at newsstands throughout the county, or sign up here to receive a print and/or electronic pdf subscription.

posted 01.31.2018

By commenting, you agree to our policy on comments.